Fire rescue force operating in Kampar, Riau province, Indonesia on September 14 (Photo: Xinhua/VNA) Jakarta (VNA) – Indonesia’s Ministry of Forestry and Environment on September 15 closed more than 30 plantation companies in Kalimantan and Sumatra as part of efforts to minimise wildfires. According to YadizNurhuda, an official from the ministry, most of the companies are in West Kalimantan, with the rest in central Kalimantan, Riau and Jambi. He said forest fires have affected 50ha in the area, and occurred two times in August and one in September. Meanwhile, schools in two cities in the Indonesian part of Borneo Island will be closed for a week after smoke from forest fires caused air quality to hit “dangerous” levels. According to the ministry, he air pollution index in Palangka Raya, the capital of Borneo’s Central Kalimantan province, hit 500, or “dangerous,” on September 15. Any reading above 100 is considered “unhealthy.” Winaryo said other schools in Central Kalimantan will start half an hour later, at 7.30 a.m. local time. Schools have also been advised to cut class duration to 30-minute periods. Meanwhile, schools in West Kalimantan, which were closed due to deteriorating air conditions from September 12-14, will reopen on September… Read full this story
- Principal of once top-rated Theatre Arts Production Company School removed for faking way to success
- No summer pay for teachers at closed Detroit charter school
- Businesses across U.S. close, students skip school on 'Day Without Immigrants'
- California wildfire leads to 2,000 people being evacuated; 3 charged as San Gabriel Valley threatened
- NJ tech companies scout high schools for stars
- Broad Ripple High School closing would change neighborhood
- City budget proposal includes pink-slip pain for some workers, but no cuts to city schools, FDNY companies
- Mike’s school management muddle
- Mayor Bloomberg cuts deal to save 4,100 New York City public school teacher jobs
- ‘Turnaround’ Bronx school boasts gains in state exams while others see big drops in math, English scores
Indonesia closes plantation companies, schools due to wildfires have 310 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.