COLCHESTER: Mauricio Pochettino claimed his struggling Tottenham side are “unsettled” after they suffered an embarrassing League Cup third-round defeat at fourth-tier Colchester on Tuesday (Sep 24). Pochettino’s team were beaten 4-3 on penalties after being held to a goalless draw by a club 71 places below them, with Christian Eriksen and Lucas Moura both missing during the shoot-out. It was appropriate that Eriksen’s effort was saved as the Denmark playmaker has been focus for much of the unrest in the Tottenham camp. Eriksen said he wanted a new challenge at the end of last season, but his hopes of securing a move were dashed. Jan Vertonghen, Danny Rose, Toby Alderweireld and Victor Wanyama also endured uncertainty about their futures and, even now the transfer window is closed, it remains uncertain whether they have long-term prospects at the club. Pochettino conceded there are still issues behind the scenes, contributing to Tottenham’s lacklustre start just months after their incredible run to the Champions League final. “When you have an unsettled squad always it’s difficult and you lose time and then you need time to recover the time you lose,” Pochettino told reporters. “That’s where we are. Maybe our performances are good but you… Read full this story
- 11pm Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Lionel Messi tussle with Blues ‘in equation’, Spurs reaction, FA Cup draw
- Chelsea ‘in equation’ for shock Lionel Messi transfer swoop if he quits Barcelona amid Man City interest
- Tottenham leave the Lane on high note by beating Manchester United
- How Barcelona legend Quini was kidnapped to stop the Spanish giants winning LaLiga and held hostage for 25 days
- What happened to Tottenham’s ‘Magnificent Seven’ signed with Bale money in 2013 including Soldado and Chiriches?
- 1pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Harvey Barnes targeted EXCLUSIVE, Woodward backs Solskjaer, Haaland pursuit LATEST
- 7pm Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Rudiger future latest, Ben White interest, Giroud praised by former Blues team-mate
- 11pm Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Arteta record WORSE than Emery, David Luiz responds to Jimenez head clash, FA Cup draw
- Nine players to watch out for in the English Premier League
- Chelsea outcast Olivier Giroud ‘wanted by rivals Tottenham and West Ham in January transfer’ with striker eyeing move
Football: Pochettino admits Spurs are 'unsettled' after Colchester shock have 363 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at September 25, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.