It has all the elements of a horror movie: an unsuspecting Christian couple adopts an adorable little girl only to discover she is an adult sociopath masquerading as a child. If the premise sounds familiar that’s because it’s virtually the exact plot of 2009 big screen chiller ‘Orphan’, where a pig-tailed ‘youngster’ tries to murder her family when it’s revealed she is 33. But as far-fetched as it sounds, this is the astonishing defense put forward by a mom-of-three and parenting author shockingly accused of felony neglect for abandoning her adopted daughter. Kristine Barnett, 45, and her ex-husband Michael Barnett, 43, are alleged to have dumped Ukrainian-born Natalia Grace at an apartment in Lafayette, Indiana in 2013 before moving to Canada one month later and breaking off contact. Kristine Barnett, 45, (pictured) and ex-husband Michael Barnett, 43 have been charged with abandoning their daughter, then 9, in Lafayette, Indiana, and fleeing to Canada in 2013. But Kristine denies the claims and says she and Michael were victims of a fraud, stating the girl they adopted was an adult con artist who tried to kill her Kristine and Michael agreed to the emergency adoption of Ukrainian-born Natalia Grace (above) in May 2010…. Read full this story
- A 2-year-old orphan of jihad is trapped in a Libyan prison
- April Jones’ sister reveals haunting moments after five-year-old snatched and killed by paedo who tried to groom HER too
- Naked teenage girls and a sinister 'temple': GUY WALTERS details the inside of the exclusive retreat that billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein's famous pals couldn't resist
- Guardian is accused of killing four-year-old girl whose body was found malnourished, covered in bite marks, cigarette burns and with severely infected homemade stitches
- Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Reunion: Camille Grammer storms off the stage claiming 'setup'
- Family doctor is guilty of sexually motivated misconduct after he was caught trying to groom a 13-year-old girl in a chat room that he claimed he used to de-stress following a violent robbery on a trip to visit his mother in Pakistan
- EXCLUSIVE: Utah mom who 'tried to smuggle Filipino newborn on plane' posted ads for adoptions ONLINE claiming her other kids attended private school and went to 'church on Sundays'
- EXCLUSIVE: Revealed - the Filipino baby and teen mom at center of human trafficking claim: Utah woman posed as newborn's aunt 'to smuggle him to U.S. in her carry-on for Mormon blessing'
- How a young woman forced to used a wheel chair, treated for several illnesses ended up in prison for her mother's murder
- A Girl Dreams of Battling Aliens in This Exclusive Excerpt From Brandon Sanderson's New Fantasy Epic,
EXCLUSIVE: 'She tried to kill us!' Indiana mother who adopted 6-year-old Ukrainian girl with dwarfism has been charged with abandonment but claims her 'daughter' was found to be a 22-year old 'sociopath' masquerading as a child have 424 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 23, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.