At the reception, both host and guest expressed their delight at the two countries’ growing relations in politics, economy and people-to-people exchange.
Voicing his hope for more flights linking Aichi with Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang and other cities of Vietnam, Governor Omura said during this trip, his delegation had working sessions on this issue with Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet Air, and they received positive outcomes.
Besides, Aichi businesses wish to invest in a new expressway connecting HCMC with the future Long Thanh airport in nearby Dong Nai province, he noted, adding that they hope this project will become a new symbol in the Japan-Vietnam relationship.
Applauding the prefecture’s cooperation and investment proposals, Deputy PM Hue said the Vietnamese Government is promoting the Long Thanh airport project, and an expressway project linking HCMC with this airport will be important to addressing traffic congestion and boosting economic connectivity.
He noted that he hopes the best businesses of Aichi will take part in investing in this project in Vietnam.
With a population of 7.5 million, Aichi is an economic and industrial hub in the central region of Japan. It has a GDP of some US$330 billion and is famous for auto manufacturing, Shinkansen high-speed trains and aerospace industry.
There are about 32,000 Vietnamese people in this prefecture.
- Trade cooperation a focus of Vietnam-US ties: Deputy PM
- Japan Prepares to Restart Nuclear Plants
- Overnight landslide leaves 6 missing in southern Japan
- Cyber Monday deals on gadgets from Japan might be a nice change of pace
- It’s been 76 years since the World War II battle that set the stage for Japan’s defeat — and changed naval warfare forever
- Two-third of my tenure as RBI governor was under BJP: Raghuram Rajan reminds Nirmala Sitharaman
- Japan Is Cracking Down On Illegal Translation Groups
- Civilization VI Rise And Fall Guide: When & How To Use Governors
- Gunman Dead After Ambushing, Killing Two Sheriff’s Deputies in Restaurant
- Jack Ketel claims Governors' Cup at Sam Houston Race Park