The teen killer of Alesha MacPhail has had his sentence reduced after an appeal. Aaron Campbell , 17, was caged for a minimum of 27 years for the rape and murder of tragic Alesha, six, on the Isle of Bute last summer. But Campbell, sentenced when he was 16, claimed the prison term was “excessive” at a hearing at the Court of Criminal Appeal in Edinburgh. Three top judges have now ruled that the minimum term he should serve before being eligible for parole will be slashed by three years to 24. Twisted Campbell, then 16, snatched Alesha from her grandparents home as she slept on July 2 last year. He took her to an abandoned hotel before subjecting her to the sickening ordeal. A post-mortem exam revealed how the six-year-old suffered 117 injuries. During a nine-day trial, Campbell insisted he would “never do something like that” when questioned about Alesha’s murder. But he told a court psychologist how he was “quite satisfied” with the murder – and had to “zip his mouth” to stop himself laughing during the trial. During the sentencing appeal, disturbing details emerged including Campbell telling a forensic psychologist that he continued to fantasise about paedophilia… Read full this story
- How to spot a child killer: Psychologist tells how young murderers often have a fixation with fire and score highly on the 'deceitful and callous scale' - but says they're not all born evil
- Twisted serial killer Joanna Dennehy suing for compensation 'because she doesn't like being segregated in prison'
- 'Serial killers try to scare me but only one man succeeded': Criminologist who met Dennis Nilsen in first week on job reveals inside knowledge of evil minds
- Knifeman plunged blade into pregnant wife's heart in Asda killing their unborn baby
- Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell Unleashed: WME-IMG's Strategy, IPO Plans, China and the Doubters
- George Soros-Funded Group to Governors: Release as Many Prisoners as Possible Due to Coronavirus
- SET VISIT: Freddy Krueger Lives in A Nightmare on Elm Street!
- Coronavirus live updates: Sailors cleaning coronavirus-stricken carrier lack protective gear
- Oral History: A look back at the greatness of Diego Corrales vs. Jose Luis Castillo I
- March Madness immortalized: The 101 greatest NCAA Tournament games in modern college basketball history
Alesha MacPhail rapist and killer Aaron Campbell has jail term cut by 3 years have 356 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at September 10, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.