Police have named Connor Betts, 24, of Bellbrook, Ohio, as the suspected gunman in a mass shooting that killed 9 people and injured 27 more in Dayton, just after 1:00 a.m. local time, the Associated Press confirmed.At 12:20 local time, Assistant Chief of the Dayton Police Department Matt Carper confirmed the suspect’s identity his date of birth was Oct. 28, 1994.Betts was killed by police shortly after the shooting began.At the noon press conference, officials also provided the names of the nine victims allegedly killed by Betts, including the suspected gunman’s sister, Megan Betts, 22.Carper declined to comment on whether the Betts family was cooperating with the ongoing police investigation.Police and FBI agents executed a search warrant at Betts’s family home in Bellbrook at 10:30 a.m. local time according to Bellbrook Police Chief Doug Doherty.According to reporters from local TV station WRGT, investigators removed large amounts of evidence from the scene.Doherty became emotional as he told reporters that he knew some of the alleged gunman’s neighbors in the “small-town friendly” community of 7,000 residents.On LinkedIn, a profile that appears to belong to Betts lists him as a student at Sinclair Community College and a crew member at Chipotle Mexican Grill…. Read full this story
- Mother Of El Paso Shooting Suspect Contacted Police Before Attack
- Casa Grande drive-by shooting suspect extradited from Texas
- Kosher Market Was Jersey City Shooting Suspects’ ‘Target,’ Official Says
- First Pensacola shooting victim identified as young Naval officer who tried to help others during the massacre
- Weekend Shootings: Santa Cruz Police Seek Public's Help
- Suspects identified in San Francisco police shooting, including man killed
- Jersey City shooting suspect published anti-Semitic posts online, report claims; officials say kosher market 'targeted'
- Jersey City shooting victims and suspects identified
- Jersey City shooting suspect ‘wrote anti-Semitic and anti-cop rants online’ and ‘made partner a dark person’
- Accidental shootings by police expose training shortfalls
Who Is Connor Betts? Dayton Shooting Suspect Identified by Police have 308 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 4, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.