NEW YORK — Pharmacy chain Walgreens plans to close 200 stores in the United States as it seeks to cut costs. The company said in a regulatory filing Tuesday the closings are part of its previously announced plan to trim costs by $1.5 billion in a few years. In May, the company announced plans to close 200 stores in the United Kingdom. by signing up you agree to our terms of service The Deerfield, Illinois-based company operates over 18,000 stores worldwide. In June it reported a 24% decline in quarterly net income and predicted that annual earnings would be roughly flat with the prior year. Walgreens has been hit by challenges including reimbursement cuts and lower price increases for branded drugs.In the year to date, Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. shares are down nearly 25% while the broader S&P 500 is up 13%.
- Macy’s to lay off 831 SF workers, close local tech arm as it shuts 125 stores nationwide
- ‘It’s Every Man for Himself’: Inside Russia’s Pushback Against OPEC Oil Cut Plans
- University of Tasmania slashes degree offerings in cost cutting exercise to stay 'sustainable'
- Now Walmart joins stores cutting opening hours to refill shelves emptied by coronavirus stockpiling as workers take to social media to share worries about huge demand and risk of getting infected
- All Australian Apple Stores shut to halt coronavirus spread, but Samsung offers to clean iPhones
- Qantas cuts almost a quarter of all flights and says its CEO will stop taking a salary
- VinMart stores to close amid growing coronavirus threat
- VinMart to close some stores on growing coronavirus concerns
- Jeremy Corbyn's £1.2TRILLION election bill revealed (that's £43,000 per household): Dossier exposes eye-watering cost of Labour plans to nationalise public services, give Britons a four-day week and guaranteed income
- DWP cuts put government's welfare reforms at risk, says leaked document
Walgreens to shut 200 U.S. stores as part of cost-cutting plan have 291 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at August 5, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.