THE LATEST ON DORIAN … AP: “Fierce Category 4 Dorian strengthens en route to Bahamas,” by Adriana Gomez Licon and Ellis Rua in Miami: “Hurricane Dorian has gained fearsome new muscle as an “extremely dangerous” Category 4 storm, bearing down on the northwestern Bahamas early Saturday en route to Florida’s east coast.“Millions of people in Florida, along with the state’s Walt Disney World and President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, are in the potential crosshairs of the hurricane. Forecasters say Dorian, which had top sustained winds of 145 mph Saturday morning, will threaten the Florida peninsula late Monday or early Tuesday.“But the National Hurricane Center in Miami cautioned that its meteorologists remain uncertain whether Dorian would make a devastating direct strike on the state’s east coast or inflict a glancing blow. Some of the more reliable computer models predicted a late turn northward that would have Dorian hug the Florida coast. ‘There is hope,’ Weather Underground meteorology director Jeff Masters said.” AP– THE WEATHER CHANNEL: “Hurricane Dorian’s Track Shifts But Florida Still at Risk; Growing Threat For Georgia and the Carolinas”ON THE GROUND: MIAMI HERALD: “Shutters, sandbags and evacuation plans: Hutchinson Island prepares for Hurricane Dorian”PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP canceled his trip… Read full this story
- Commons speaker John Bercow calls for ‘more women’ to be given chance to serve in parliamentary press gallery
- Londoner's Diary: Did the royals know about Testino claims?
- Londoner's Diary: Will Davis be able to find the DExEU leaker?
- Dragons 12 Edinburgh 25: Familiar tale for Rodney Parade region in Ebbw Vale
- Five things from the Dragons versus Benetton
- Five things from the Dragons versus Edinburgh
POLITICO Playbook: Bracing for Dorian have 269 words, post on www.politico.com at August 31, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.