After a two-year absence, “Peaky Blinders” will be back for a fifth season. The BBC has just announced that the British series will start broadcasting again in the UK on August 25.
The BBC unveiled the first trailer for the highly anticipated fifth season of “Peaky Blinders” back in July. Now, a few days later, the British broadcaster is finally announcing the broadcast date: August 25.
Fans of the Shelby clan, a family of criminals that controls post-World War 1 Birmingham, will soon be reunited with Thomas (played by Cillian Murphy) as he continues his ascent through the local political arena.
The season will take place during the Great Depression that followed the 1929 Market Crash, as well as the “the rise of fascism, racism, nationalism, populism,” according to series creator Steven Knight.
New characters, played by Sam Claflin (“Hunger Games”), Anya Taylor-Joy (“Glass”) and Brian Gleeson (“Resistance”) will also be introduced in the upcoming episodes.
The series is also streaming on Netflix for viewers outside the UK although it’s unknown when Netflix will make the fifth season available.
Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)
Subscribe to get unlimited access Get 50% off now
- Irish actor Cillian Murphy says mobile phones ‘have destroyed storytelling’ ahead of Peaky Blinders return
- Where is Peaky Blinders filmed? The Toxteth, Liverpool and Manchester filming locations standing in for Birmingham in series four
- Irish stars Aidan Gillen and Charlie Murphy set to join Cillian Murphy in fourth series of hit TV show Peaky Blinders
- Could the Shelbys’ streak of ruthless dominance be coming to a catastrophic end in Peaky Blinders when it returns?
- Who is Annabelle Wallis? Chris Martin’s ex-girlfriend and actress who plays Peaky Blinders’ Grace Burgess
- Who is Charlotte Riley? King Charles III actress who plays Kate Middleton, Tom Hardy’s wife and Peaky Blinders star
- Who is Helen McCrory? Fearless star playing Emma Banville, Peaky Blinders actress and wife of Homeland actor Damian Lewis
- When is Peaky Blinders season 4 starting on BBC and Netflix, who’s in the cast with Cillian Murphy and what’s it about?
- Who is Tom Hardy, who’s his wife Charlotte Riley and is he in Peaky Blinders season 4?
- Tom Hardy looks dapper filming Peaky Blinders with Cillian Murphy wearing a suit on Southport beach with Woody the dog