Palmetto Politics Convicted SC lawmaker Robert Ford deserves building named after him, colleague says By Schuyler Kropf [email protected] There is an effort by alumni of South Carolina State University (Concerned SCSU Alumni) to effect change there. Efforts include petitioning the governor, and working with the S.C. Legislative Black Caucus, university trustees, alumni and friends of the university.In a letter to the governor, this was stated:“The best in education requires vision and leadership. In our commitment to that goal, we see what is possible at South Carolina State University. This school has made significant contributions to higher education over its operation in the time span of its existence to now.”That record is at risk. In the United States, suffering has existed in slavery, post-slavery and continues today. Systemic oppression is evident in income gaps and the killing of innocent people. Oppression leads to outrageous behavior as has happened in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.There is oppression in black America, and we see it in the leadership at SCSU. There needs to be a change in leadership to improve the curriculum and remove barriers to moving SCSU forward for the population it serves, as happened before integration.Current leadership serves a nominal… Read full this story
- Innovation Strategy Models Need Innovative Leadership Guides
- When Leading Change, Don't Manage Time - Invest it in People
- Critical Tasks of Leadership
- Now You Can Learn How to Make a Cover Letter that Shines
- Effective Change, Three Critical Components
- Writing a Cover Letter
- Where to Send Letters to Editors for Maximum Publicity and Leads
- Leadership Like Water-Water Canoeing
- 5 Leadership Power Principles!
- Servent Leadership: A Leader's Relationships
Letters to the Editor: SC State needs change in leadership have 271 words, post on www.postandcourier.com at August 28, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.