close Video Gunman kills 9 outside bar in Dayton, OH This makes two deadly shootings within the past 24 hours, following a shooting in El Paso, Texas that left 20 dead, six injured. Nine people were killed and dozens were hurt when a suspect wearing body armor opened fire outside a bar in Dayton , Ohio , early Sunday before responding officers shot the armed assailant to death less than a minute into the rampage, according to officials. It was the nation’s second mass shooting in less than 24 hours after at least 20 people were slain in El Paso, Texas . The Dayton Police Department said on Twitter the incident unfolded at 1 a.m. in the city’s Oregon District near downtown, but officers were nearby and “were able to respond and put an end to it quickly.” EL PASO MAYOR DEE MARGO ‘GEARING UP FOR 20 FUNERALS,’ WANTS TO ‘BRING OUR CITY TOGETHER’ Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley said at a Sunday morning news conference the shooter was wearing body armor and had extra magazines. The Oregon District was filled with “thousands” of people out on a weekend night at the time, according to Whaley. Officers were also stationed in the… Read full this story
- Philadelphia Police: FedEx Driver Who Fatally Shot Suspect During Attempted Robbery Had Permit To Carry
- Tarzan actor Ron Elys' son 'called 911 to say his 81-year-old disabled father attacked his wife' who was found stabbed to death at their Santa Barbara home - before cops shot dead 'a different relative' they say was the real suspect
- Dayton officers who responded to mass shooting to be honored
- No. 13 Dayton pulls away late for 71-58 win over North Texas
- No. 5 Ohio State bounces back, tops Southeast Missouri State
- Donald Trump and Joe Biden Both Mixed Up the Locations of Weekend Mass Shootings
- Amid deadly U.S. mass shootings in 2019, heroes emerged
- Never-before-seen surveillance video shows a California cop fatally shooting an unarmed 16-year-old boy in back of the head while he was running away, as his partner shouts 'good shot'
- Police ID suspect fatally shot by cops after casino killings
- Yearender: Americans facing mass shooting milestone in 2019 with no progress in gun control
Dayton, Ohio, shooting that left 9 dead, 27 hurt halted 'in under a minute' by cops who shot suspect: mayor have 349 words, post on www.foxnews.com at August 4, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.