Nguyen Van Duc who is now 19 years old has been living with the disease for five years. He has been taken to leading hospitals, including Bach Mai and Viet Duc hospitals, in Hanoi for the treatment.
The boy has has been saved from pulmonary Langerhans’ cell histiocytosis thanks to a donation of Dantri/DTiNews readers
Nguyen Thi Thuan, Duc’s mother, from Hong Quang Commune, Thanh Mien District, recalled hard days to take the boy to hospital despite the family’s financial difficulties. Duc’s father had to come to Hanoi to work as a builder with a small income of VND5 million (USD217.39) per month to support his wife to take care of their son. Sometimes, without money to buy meals, they even had to abstain from food. In the middle of 2018, the boy’s condition worsened. Doctors at Bach Mai Hospital believed he could only live for a short time. His family even prepared a photo for his funeral. At that time, luckily, doctors informed of a donated lung which suited Duc. The transplant fees were very costly. Meanwhile, the couple could borrow VND11 million. Once again, they were disappointed. After the article about Duc’s condition was published on Dantri/DTiNews, many readers donated him VND800 million (USD34,782) for the transplant. Following eight-month intensive care, the boy’s heart and liver functions have recovered, while the lung has become much better without any infection.
- Dantri/DTiNews readers help to save man from heart disease
- Vaping may lead to nicotine addiction, and increase risk of chronic lung disease
- Unknown lung disease in China
- Australia's John Hastings Retires From International Cricket Due To Lung Disease
- Vaping May Lead to Asthma, Chronic Lung Disease, Says Study
- World’s worst rapist boasted of ‘saving straight boys from monstrous girlfriends’ amid fears of dozens more victims
- Hugh Jackman praises Terri, Bindi and Robert Irwin for helping save Australian wildlife amid the devastating bushfire crisis
- Meet the Dog Helping Save Koalas and Other Wildlife From Australia Fires
- Leonardo DiCaprio helped save man who fell overboard from cruise ship - reports
- Leonardo DiCaprio helps save life of man lost in Caribbean waters: report