By James Leggate Published July 12, 2019 Verizon FOXBusiness Facebook Twitter Comments Print video New Orleans prepares ahead of Tropical Storm Barry FNC correspondent Casey Stegall on the preparations in New Orleans ahead of Tropical Storm Barry. Verizon said it was ready to keep communications open as the wind and rain of Tropical Storm Barry began reaching the Gulf Coast Friday. Continue Reading Below The company said it made numerous preparations ahead of the storm, including equipment inspections, staging fleets of portable emergency equipment and setting up storm command centers. Also, Verizon said that it has prepared surveillance drones to help assess damage after the storm. Verizon said it has used drones to assess storm damage ever since Hurricane Matthew in 2016 when it checked if a cell site was safe to refuel. Using drones after a storm has cleared allows the company to more quickly inspect cell towers for damage. In that first case after Matthew, Verizon said it would have normally taken days to get the cell site refueled and back on the air. Instead, it only took a few hours for the team to reach it by boat and get it running again. MORE FROM FOXBUSINESS.COM HOW TO HELP… Read full this story
- Thousands lose power as Tropical Storm Barry nears Louisiana
- The Latest: Mississippi casinos can reopen after storm
- A hurricane bashed the capital. Then Andrew Gillum and Rick Scott had political storm.
- Gatwick live updates – Flights resumed following brief suspension after ‘drone was spotted over runway’ on Friday night
- Hurricane Michael slams into Florida – building collapses and roofs ripped off as ‘catastrophic’ 155mph storm batters coast
- Democrats will visit Miami-Dade during Art Basel to assess 2020 convention bid
- Remember When Trump Took Insurance $ for Hurricane Damage That Reportedly Didn’t Exist?
- Hurricane Willa weakens to tropical depression
- Energy and Infrastructure Companies Aren’t Waiting for the FAA’s New Drone Rules
- FAA Opens the Door for Drone Use by Utilities and Energy Companies
Verizon will assess Tropical Storm Barry damage with drones have 318 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at July 12, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.