Hanoi (VNA) – The northeastern province of Quang Ninh will join the partnership of the Clipper Round the World Race 2019-2020 to host the event of in 2021-2022, and send a team to take part in the race in the UK in September, according to a local leading official.
Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Van Thang chaired a working session last week to consider the proposal of the hosting of the 2021-2022 race.
At the working session, Director of the provincial Department of Tourism Pham Ngoc Thuy presented a report on media effects of the hosting, as well as Quang Ninh’s infrastructure and funding for the hosting of the event.
The hosting of the race will foster the tourism promotion of UNESCO-recognised world heritage site of Ha Long Bay and Quang Ninh province in general, especially to tourists in developed countries, Thang said.
Quang Ninh aims to join the race annually, he added.
Clipper Race has been held for more than 20 years. The around-the-world race, stopping by huge ports, lasts in 11 months with the attendance of about 70 clippers.-VNA
- Proposed World Superbike racing circuit put up for sale by developers
- Three new facilities expected to give strong boost to Quang Ninh’s tourism
- Quang Ninh FC set to shine in V.League
- IndyCar downplays Brazil’s announcement of Rio race in 2020
- Lakers 2019-2020 Outlook: Reasons For Optimism With The Draft, Free Agency And Trades?
- World Cup race in Sochi canceled over poor piste conditions
- FIFA urged to host World Cup every two years
- MotoGP calendar set to swell to 20 races in 2020
- Brazil’s president: Rio to host Formula One again in 2020
- Leeds to host four days of 2019 UCI Road Championships