General Secretary of the Vietnam Shooting Federation (VSF) Nguyen Thi Nhung said the annual shooting event is designed to scout and select excellent shooters for the national team in the time to come.
In addition, it provides a chance for the VSF to assess training quality of coaches, she noted.
At the competition, marksmen will take part in 14 events of the tournament and their female counterparts, 10 events.
The tournament runs until July 28.
Vietnam’s shooting earned one gold and one silver medal at Olympic Games, being the only sport with such achievements. Both of the medals were won by marksman Hoang Xuan Vinh in the men’s 10m air pistol and the 50m pistol events at the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games in 2016. -VNA
- Serena and Venus Williams to compete at Indian Wells tourney
- South Dakota man, 101, competes in National Senior Games
- Nats’ Harper leads list of athletes excited for National Donut Day
- Netherlands pulls out of hosting 2nd European Games in 2019
- At European Games, athletics attracts a motley crew
- Donald Trump WILL host World Series champion Washington Nationals at the White House on Monday
- IOC identifies 43 potential refugee athletes for Rio Olympics
- IOC: Refugees eligible to compete in Olympics for 1st time
- At Blizzcon 2019, new games like "Overwatch 2" and Hong Kong protests are expected
- UN athletic competition comes to US for first time