“Oh, there he is right there. You see?” Martinez said. Boras stood in the middle of his own media scrum in a navy blue suit. Reporters stayed put at Martinez’s podium for the time being, but the message was clear: Boras will spearhead this process surrounding Martinez. “I just listen to him,” Martinez said. “That’s what I pay him for. He gives me his opinion. He give me his advice and it’s up to me after that to make my decision. We’re really not there yet, but he’s giving me his opinion and advice.” If Martinez does elect free agency after the 2019 season, he would leave $62.5 million on the table. He also has an opt-out at the end of 2020 — the third of his five-year deal — allowing him even more flexibility, Boras said. Yet Martinez remained adamant he wanted to stay with the Sox. “Boston’s been my favorite team since I was a kid,” Martinez said. “I always dreamt of being there and loved the family side of it and how they treat the players. It’s just a first-class organization” He’s beloved in the clubhouse, too, amongst the younger guys — especially when it comes to… Read full this story
- Lautaro Martinez to Tottenham uncertain 'as fee agreed before Romelu Lukaku to Chelsea'
- Tottenham can seal Lautaro Martinez transfer for two reasons despite Romelu Lukaku problem
- Arsenal could sign perfect Lautaro Martinez alternative after Lionel Messi seals PSG move
- Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ramsdale £24m advanced talks, Lautaro Martinez £275k-a-week offer, Bernardo Silva update
- Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Conte LATEST, Xhaka NEW contract, Lautaro Martinez BID, Aubameyang and Lacazette to Barca
- Arsenal may capitalise on Chelsea completing £97m Romelu Lukaku transfer
- Chelsea are closing in on their own Paul Pogba after Marina Granovskaia negotiations
- Arsenal still have four transfer targets they could sign after Ramsdale and Odegaard
- To find success, Carter Kieboom became 'comfortable with being uncomfortably early'
- Man City ‘first choice’ for Lionel Messi with PSG transfer ‘looking impossible’ over £1.1m-a-week wages and Mbappe deal
J.D. Martinez will get chance to call his own option play have 333 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at July 9, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.