Hardly a more enthusiastic troupe of ne’er-do-wells has existed than the quarter-million strong who traipse into the distant greenery of western Germany each year to set up a temporary civilization around the 24-hour car race at the Nürburgring. Watching it online is fun. Being a part of it in person is something else entirely. Gathered champions of lunacy will drink heavily, largely ignore the only few hundred more foolish than they as they pilot their impossible parade around a road leading nowhere, completely dismantle the temporary city by Sunday afternoon, and fail to remember most of it by Monday. Desiring to count myself among their number at least once in my lifetime, I endeavored to jump directly into the deep end. I went for a hike. At midnight. To the Carracciola-Karussel. Advertisement Don’t worry, I survived. (Full Disclosure: Hyundai brought me to Germany to watch its Veloster N and i30N race cars take on the field, as well as eat and stay free of charge.) The N24 is a full day of racing from 2PM on Saturday until 2PM on Sunday taking place at none other than the famed ‘Ring. For this specific event, the Grand Prix Circuit is combined… Read full this story
- Special Report: Juul disregarded early evidence it was hooking teens
- Podcast: Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s favorite memories of racing Rolex 24 with his father
- Berlin 24/7: Carnival in Berlin? A mission impossible
- Here's What it Costs to Raise a Newborn in Tewksbury
- Here's What it Costs to Raise a Newborn in Worcester
- 24 Hours Of Horror With
- People Said This Instagram Influencer's "Tour" Was Fyre Fest 2. Here's Her Side Of The Story.
- Why the first 72 hours in a missing persons investigation are the most critical, according to criminology experts
- Celebrity Big Brother behind-the-scenes 'secrets' exposed - from special security codes to off-camera hide-aways
- 24 hours of horror with Joe Dante
Here's Everything Special About Seeing the Nürburgring 24 in Person have 308 words, post on jalopnik.com at July 1, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.