Eric Swalwell’s announcement he is ending his campaign for the Democrat nomination served as one more reminder that gun control is not as popular as the left pretends.If it were so popular, Swalwell would still be in the race and might even be a frontrunner. After all, he was running on a platform of gun control, ammunition control, and more gun control. Swalwell ended his campaign on July 8, 2019, after spending just over 90 days telling establishment media talking heads Americans want more gun control but President Trump stands in the way. As recently as July 6, 2019, Swalwell tweeted video where he assured CNN viewers there was momentum for gun control and pledged that he would “ride that momentum” if elected. Breitbart News reported Swalwell campaigned on a forced ban and buyback of AR-15s and similar commonly-owned semiautomatic rifles. He also pushed a 48-hour waiting period on gun purchases, an insurance requirement for gun owners, a licensing requirement for gun owners, the creation of a gun registry, a ban on “high capacity” magazines, and an expansion of background checks, so as to include private gun sales. Swalwell also talked of requiring background checks for would-be ammunition purchasers. He not only… Read full this story
- 18 People Attend Eric Swalwell’s Gun Control Speech Near NRA HQs
- 9 Insane Gun Control Policies that Couldn’t Get Eric Swalwell Past 0% Support
- Eric Swalwell Says Background Checks Would Make Us ‘All Safe in America’
- Eric Swalwell Becomes First Democrat to Drop Out of Presidential Race
- Dana Loesch Hits Gun Control Logic: There Are ‘Too Many’ Illegals To Deport, But Gun Confiscation Is Possible
- ‘This Is A Right That We Need To Protect’: Defiant Autoworker Speaks Out After Confronting Biden On Gun Control
- 'Not today': Elizabeth Warren declines to endorse Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders after she finally quits presidential race but says she WILL have more to say about 'sexism'
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Pro-gun safety Brady group endorses Joe Biden for president
- Mike Bloomberg QUITS 2020 race after disastrous Super Tuesday saying winning is 'impossible' after spending $1 BILLION for just 44 delegates - and immediately endorses Joe Biden, while Elizabeth Warren 'assesses her path forward'
Hawkins: Eric Swalwell Would Still Be in Race If Gun Control Were Popular have 359 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 9, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.