Middle East By Dr Aniseh Bassiri Tabrizi Royal United Services Institute, London 14 June 2019 Share this with Facebook Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share this with Email Share this with Facebook Share this with WhatsApp Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share Share this with These are external links and will open in a new window Email Share this with Email Facebook Share this with Facebook Messenger Share this with Messenger Messenger Share this with Messenger Twitter Share this with Twitter Pinterest Share this with Pinterest WhatsApp Share this with WhatsApp LinkedIn Share this with LinkedIn Copy this link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-48642401 Read more about sharing. These are external links and will open in a new window Close share panel Related TopicsGulf tanker attacks In the hours after two apparent attacks on tankers in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday, the US military released video footage which it said proved Iran was behind them.The footage was said to show Iranian special forces removing a mine which had failed to explode.The footage, though far from conclusive, was used by the US to make a more compelling case than earlier assertions of Iranian complicity in attacks in the… Read full this story
- Defense Secretary Leon Panetta: Cyberthreat from Iran has grown
- Iran in our own backyard: Hezbollah operatives are rampant in remote areas of Latin America
- U.S. Navy destroyer collides with oil tanker in Strait of Hormuz, suffers gaping 10-foot hole in starboard side
- Iran general warns U.S. to stay out of the Persian Gulf
- Nuclear inspections under way in Iran
- Iranian Official: Attacking Ship Bound for Yemen Will 'Ignite Flames of War'
- Secretary of State John Kerry meets Arab officials in Qatar to ease concerns about Iran nuclear deal
- U.S. won't 'tolerate' Iran's threat to shut oil-supply route
- Pirates release hijacked diesel fuel tanker, crew off the Ivory Coast
- Iran begins uranium enrichment at underground site built to withstand possible airstrikes: report
Why would Iran attack tankers in the Gulf of Oman? have 325 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at June 13, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.