Updated at 10:25 a.m. ET on June 17, 2019. 1. The Disappearance At 12:42 a.m. on the quiet, moonlit night of March 8, 2014, a Boeing 777-200ER operated by Malaysia Airlines took off from Kuala Lumpur and turned toward Beijing, climbing to its assigned cruising altitude of 35,000 feet. The designator for Malaysia Airlines is MH. The flight number was 370. Fariq Hamid, the first officer, was flying the airplane. He was 27 years old. This was a training flight for him, the last one; he would soon be fully certified. His trainer was the pilot in command, a man named Zaharie Ahmad Shah, who at 53 was one of the most senior captains at Malaysia Airlines. In Malaysian style, he was known by his first name, Zaharie. He was married and had three adult children. He lived in a gated development. He owned two houses. In his first house he had installed an elaborate Microsoft flight simulator. He flew it frequently, and often posted to online forums about his hobby. In the cockpit, Fariq would have been deferential to him, but Zaharie was not known for being overbearing. To hear more feature stories, get the Audm iPhone app. In… Read full this story
- What REALLY happened as missing baby hoax led to major police hunt in Newcastle
- Keegan will reveal what really happened with Mike Ashley in new book
- P&O Cruise Ship captain reveals what really happened when British woman plunged
- Cruise Ship captain reveals what really happened when British woman plunged
- Rafa on Lascelles: What really happened before today's game
- France reopens investigation into missing flight MH370
- France reopens MH370 investigation after Malaysia accused of cover-up
- Brit Malaysia Airlines passenger left ‘disgusted’ after being served RAW chicken – then given NO replacement food
- MH370 conspiracy theorists think line of ‘crushed trees’ are proof the missing plane crash-landed in the Cambodian jungle
- MH370: is missing Malaysia Airlines plane in Cambodian jungle?
What Really Happened to Malaysia’s Missing Airplane have 307 words, post on www.theatlantic.com at June 17, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.