Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam emerged victorious from 20th ASEAN+ Age Groups Chess Championships, which closed in Myanmar on June 18.
The masters brought home 95 gold medals in the standard, rapid and blitz chess disciplines.
Hosts Myanmar were a distant second with 35 titles, followed by the Philippines who took 34.
The tournament ran from June 10 to 18 and lured more than 430 athletes from nine countries including regional ones as well as India and Mongolia.
They took part in age groups ranging from U8 to U50 for men and women along with over-50 and over-60 for senior masters. Vietnamese participants checkmated in age groups from U8 to U20.-VNA
- News Wesley So rules top-class rapid-chess tournament in Belgium
- Saudi Arabia hosts world chess tournament for both women and men, testing reform limits
- Soccer: Wild celebrations in Hanoi as Vietnam win regional title
- Football: Wild celebrations in Hanoi as Vietnam win regional title
- Artwork on imaginary rural Vietnam wins regional Signature Art Prize 2018
- Uganda to use Southern African regional football tournament as buildup for 2019 AFCON
- UAAP: FEU continues to pace men's and women's chess
- NCAA: CSB off to strong start in chess tourney
- UAAP: FEU keeps lead in men's and women's chess
- Canada’s top chess player on the making of a grandmaster