Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump says the United States is putting additional sanctions on Iran and that he would support a course of action to “make Iran great again” should Tehran agree to a nuclear weapons ban. “We’re putting additional sanctions on, they’re going on slowly and, in some cases, pretty rapidly, but additional sanctions are being put on Iran,” the President told reporters on the South Lawn Saturday before departing to Camp David. “Some of them are already in place,” he added, though he didn’t elaborate further on the details of the sanctions. In a tweet later Saturday, Trump specified, “We are putting major additional Sanctions on Iran on Monday.” He told reporters Saturday that he believes further sanctions will drive Iran to the bargaining table with the United States, calling Iran an “economic mess” that is “going through hell.” Read More “The sanctions have hit them hard — more sanctions are going to be put on them, a lot more,” the President told reporters. The President said he is “getting a lot of praise” for his abrupt decision to reverse course and not carry out the Iran strike following the downing of a US drone Thursday. Trump said Friday… Read full this story
- Pakistan PM Khan Says Trump Asked Him to Mediate With Iran
- Trump says he’s prepared to ‘destroy Turkey’s economy’ with sanctions
- Trump defends move to leave US allies in enemy hands
- Trump Says He Doesn't Want War With Iran, But the U.S. Military Is Ready
- Trump says 'not siding with anybody' on Syria
- The US is preparing to pull its remaining 1,000 troops out of northern Syria as the Turkish offensive against the Kurds moves forward
- Trump says 'many options' on Iran response
- Syria pullout: As Donald Trump defends move, who are the Kurds?
- Trump faces growing pressure to strike Iran
- Trump says almost sure Iran behind Saudi attacks
Trump says US moving forward on additional sanctions on Iran, willing to help 'make Iran great again' have 311 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 22, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.