WASHINGTON (AFP) – President Donald Trump promised a “wild” 2020 campaign launch rally in Florida on Tuesday (June 18), even if dismal early poll numbers show he faces a difficult reelection. Organisers claim the Orlando rally has sold out a 20,000-seat arena, with many more to gather outside, watching on big screens. Trump portrayed the scale of the event as only one step below a rock concert. “Look what is going on in Orlando, Florida, right now! People have never seen anything like it (unless you play a guitar). Going to be wild – See you later!” he tweeted. Trump then returned to his almost daily claim that the media fails to reflect what he considers his achievements and popularity. “The Fake News doesn’t report it, but Republican enthusiasm is at an all time high,” he tweeted. After more than two drama-filled years at the White House, the fast-talking real estate salesman bets that a strong economy and his promise to fight for forgotten blue-collar workers will persuade the country to give him a second term in 2020. But more than 20 Democrats are lining up to take him on and there’s no question that a lengthy probe into Trump’s… Read full this story
- 'The Biden family is a criminal enterprise': Donald Trump says Joe Biden should be jailed and boasts he's leading in early voting as Michigan crowd calls for Gov. Gretchen Whitmer - who was almost kidnapped - to be 'locked up'
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by The Air Line Pilots Association - Pence lauds Harris as 'experienced debater'; Trump, Biden diverge over debate prep
- GOP senators turn on Trump: Mitt Romney lashes out at bid to overturn Michigan vote while Joni Ernst blasts president's lawyer for suggesting Republicans and Democrats 'paid to have elections fixed'
- Trump's debate move carries risks in final stretch
- Georgia completes recount of ballots and CONFIRMS Biden's victory in latest blow to Trump's election fraud claims as the President's supporters rally at state capitol
- Fact check: Trump makes at least 16 false or misleading claims to '60 Minutes'
- How BLM supporters threw FIREWORKS at Trump supporters as they ate dinner and a knife-wielding woman taunted MAGA fans in violent DC clashes - as media is accused of 'ignoring' violence
- 'Don't ever talk to the president that way!' Trump blasts reporter who interrupts him to ask if he will concede - but admits he WILL leave the White House if the Electoral College votes for Joe Biden
- Trump says Biden can only enter the White House as president if he can 'prove' his 'ridiculous 80M votes' were NOT 'obtained by fraud' as he appears to row back peaceful transition claims
- Donald Trump, allies make frantic steps to overturn Biden's victory
Trump promises 'wild' rock concert-style campaign launch rally have 446 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at June 18, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.