Washington Governor Jay Inslee says he has some allies in his push for a climate debate, despite the opposition of the national Democratic Party. Inslee told CBS News in an impromptu interview Thursday that at least nine Democratic state party chairmen and around 50 Democratic National Committee members are planning to submit a formal resolution demanding a climate change debate to DNC executive leaders latest this month. Inslee also said that over 200,000 people have signed a petition supporting a climate debate. The governor said he is in Washington, D.C., to meet with the Sunrise Movement, a youth-led group supporting the Green New Deal, and added he has no plans to meet with the DNC while in town. He also interpreted DNC chairman Tom Perez’s insinuation this week that a climate debate would only benefit one person as an indication that he is the leader on climate policy in the crowded Democratic field. “If we change our guidelines at the request of one candidate who has made climate change their campaign’s signature issue, how do we say no to the numerous other requests we’ve had? How do we say no to other candidates in the race who may request debates… Read full this story
- DNC Votes 222-137 Against Allowing Candidates to Participate in Climate Debate
- Democrat calls on Google to stop funding climate crisis deniers
- The Latest: Many Democrats support taking on drug companies
- The Latest: Democrats suggest ways to ensure abortion rights
- ***Live Updates*** Democrats Debate in Ohio
- Donald Trump Jr attacks Anderson Cooper's handling of Democratic debate after host said the president's claims against Joe and Hunter Biden were 'false'
- Bernie Sanders' $16 Trillion Climate Plan Is Nothing Short of a Revolution
- I'm not a Russian asset! Tulsi Gabbard makes bizarre boast during 2020 debate as she accuses U.S. of trying to fight 'regime change wars' in the Middle East
- The Latest: 3 oldest Democrats questioned on age at debate
- Michael Bennet slams "idiotic" DNC rules that kept him from debate
Several Democratic state party chairs and DNC members to demand climate debate, Inslee says have 325 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at June 13, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.