Netflix has picked up Russian Doll for an eight-episode second season, announcing the renewal during an interview of co-creator/star Natasha Lyonne and Netflix content VP Cindy Holland by Kara Swisher at Recode's annual Code Conference . "Want to do a season two, Natasha?" Holland asked Lyonne on the panel. (See full video above.) "Me, Cindy? Same show, just weirder? Are you sure?" Lyonne replied. "Nadia Vulvokov is a coder, as you know, so I guess it would be somewhat appropriate to maybe have this be the time and place to say yes, very much so, I would love to do that, Cindy." Russian Doll , which was created and executive produced by Lyonne, Amy Poehler, and Leslye Headland, devoted its first season to the experience of a young woman named Nadia, played by Lyonne. She repeatedly dies during a New York party that seems never to end thanks to an edgy, mordant update of Groundhog Day 's premise. The show, which premiered last February, gained traction with critics and viewers in part because of the Netflix binge format and its half-hour duration, which made it a show that could be caught up with more easily. Related Story ‘Thunder Force’ Debut Leads Nielsen… Read full this story
- CBS Renewed
- The 18 best new shows to stream on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and more
- 'Never Have I Ever' Co-Creator on Netflix Comedy's Success, Season 2 Renewal, and Devi and Paxton's Age Difference
- 13 Reasons Why season three trailer reveals villain Bryce Walker has been killed... as Netflix renews series for season four
- Who was Peg Entwistle? The tragic true story that inspired Netflix’s Hollywood
- After Life season 3 confirmed by Netflix but will it be Ricky Gervais comedy's final run?
- 'Dead to Me' Season 3: Will There Be Another Season of the Netflix Show and When Will it Air?
- Netflix drops Season 4 teaser for Stranger Things, answers big cliffhanger
- Ricky Gervais signs multi-year Netflix deal as streaming service confirms After Life season 3
- Back To The Future writer Bob Gale finally explains THAT Marty McFly plot hole after renewed debate around the sci-fi classic
‘Russian Doll’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix have 350 words, post on deadline.com at June 11, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.