SINGAPORE: A new framework to facilitate the ease of sharing data between organisations was introduced on Friday (Jun 28), as a means to increase trust in Singapore's digital economy. Senior Minister of State for Communications and Information and Transport Janil Puthucheary introduced the Trusted Data Sharing Framework during his speech at the ongoing Innovfest Unbound tech event here on Friday. READ: Singapore plans data portability requirement as part of PDPA update READ: New office for digital industry aims to help create 10,000 tech jobs in Singapore The Info-communications Media Development (IMDA) said in its press release that it worked with the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) to speak with industry players before developing the new framework to create a common "data-sharing language". Some of the challenges businesses face in this area today include a lack of guidance and systemic approaches to sharing data, establishing trust with partners when sharing data assets and concerns that data sharing could lead to exposing trade secrets or loss of competitiveness, it said. "While it is widely accepted that intangible assets such as data are valuable, organisations face specific challenges such as ensuring compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) or in accurately measuring the value of… Read full this story
- Data sharing and security top concern for banks
- Microsoft, Non-Profits and employer partners launch program to increase employability for people with disabilities in Asia Pacific
- Why CEOs need to be tightrope walkers when it comes to data privacy
- Successful digital transformation is about improving the stakeholder experience
- ITU Digital World 2020: Businesses expect new opportunities
- Crafting a complete framework for online services
- Ambani pitches for new regulation on data protection
- Indonesia, Singapore enhance economic cooperation to speed up recovery
- ITU Ministerial Roundtables: "Covid-19 pandemic triggers a turning point for the digital era"
- Embracing digital governance for upgrading public services
New framework aims to better enable data sharing, increase trust in Singapore's digital economy have 300 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at June 28, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.