A t least five days a week for the last 23 years, Judith Sheindlin's head, neck and shoulders have appeared on TV. This means you know Sheindlin the moment you see her, even if you've never really watched her show. Her eyes, dark brown and wildly expressive, seem to grow three times their size when confronted with, say, the lies of an untrustworthy landlord or an unrepentant teenage troublemaker. Her eyebrows do a cartoonish slant from left to right, like an emoji meant to signal anger; her cheekbones, ordinarily sharp, soften whenever she purses her lips in disapproval, which is often. She wears a plain black robe with an ornate lace collar and occasionally slides on a pair of unrimmed glasses to look over legal documents. But all of it — the eyes, the brows, the lips, the face — has always been framed by a round pixie bob, virtually unchanged since the Clinton administration. So imagine my surprise when I walked into a ritzy hotel restaurant in Beverly Hills for my second meeting with Sheindlin — better known as Judge Judy — and found her wearing, for the first time, a clip-on ponytail. I was among the first people… Read full this story
- California judge blocks Trump's policy forcing asylum-seekers to stay in Mexico
- JUST IN: Obama-Appointed Judge Blocks President Trump’s Asylum Policy
- Marilyn Mosby, Baltimore state’s attorney, won judgment appearing on ‘Judge Judy’ 15 years ago
- Judith Sheindlin extends CBS contract to continue 'Judge Judy' through 2020
- Bronx woman stole from 2 people on flight to New York after losing case on 'Judge Judy': cops
- Bill Cosby accuser Judy Huth taps famed lawyer Gloria Allred for major new legal salvo against comic
- JUDGES BOOK PARK SPACE. More car slots than jobs, but they still use public facility
- PARKING IN THE - PARK! B'KLYN JUDGES STILL NOT USING NEW GARAGE
- JUDGE JUDY'S NOT READY TO HANG UP ROBE
- Trump judge 'a Hoosier and an American'
Judge Judy Is Still Judging You have 316 words, post on www.nytimes.com at June 20, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.