Emhoff’s increasingly public role is a reminder of the historic diversity of the Democratic field, which includes a half dozen women as well as an openly gay man. And coming three years after Hillary Clinton became the first woman to be a major party’s presidential nominee, it shows how the role of political spouses is evolving and could produce America’s first ‘‘first gentleman.’’ ‘‘I think we’re rewriting the rules on presidential spouses,’’ said Jess Morales Rocketto, a Democratic operative who worked for Clinton in 2016. ‘‘Historic candidates also mean we have spouses who can play a historic role.’’ Already, the spouses of other candidates seeking the presidency have taken on a variety of roles. The humor and candor of Chasten Buttigieg, the husband of South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, has quickly made him a social media star. Jane Sanders, wife of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, has been involved in her husband’s political career for decades and continues to play a key role in his second presidential campaign. Last week alone, Jill Biden, the wife of former vice president Joe Biden, was in South Carolina. Amy O’Rourke, wife of Beto O’Rourke, joined her husband in Iowa. And Chasten Buttigieg is… Read full this story
- Take Action (And Let Your Husband Take a Break)
- Public Speaking - Effective Business Plan Presentations
- Train the Trainer, Mastering the Art of Public Speaking
- Neile McQueen Toffel (aka Neile Adams) Talks About Her Life With Movie Star Husband Steve McQueen
- Running Your Race
- What It Was Like Towing a Free Jeep Grand Wagoneer With the 2020 Jeep Gladiator
- The History of Water Ski Racing in Britain
- Two Things To Consider If You Want To Make A Regular Income From Betting On Horse Racing
- 'A Priory Revealed' the New Publication by Lionel Green
- Introduction to "A Branded World: Adventures in Public Relations and the Creation Of Superbrands"
Harris’s husband takes on growing public role in 2020 race have 308 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at June 8, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.