Here are this summer’s fact and fiction top reads chosen by Richard Fitzpatrick and Marjorie Brennan.Biographies, travel books and Harper Lee’s reportage feature in Richard Fitzpatrick’s recommendations.Becoming Michelle ObamaMichelle Obama’s memoir hasn’t left the New York Times bestseller list since its publication last November. The American public has never had a First Lady it has been so keen to identify with – her easy charm and disarming candour (“I wake up in a house every morning that was built by slaves”) has made her an endearing figure. This book, in which she provides insight into the how her marriage took second place once Barack Obama’s political career kicked into life, has only increased her stock.TigerJeff Benedict and Armen KeteyianFew sports books published over the last decade can rival Tiger Woods’ biography co-authored by Jeff Benedict and Armen Keteyian for its addictive reading pleasure. It’s 500 pages of gripping family melodrama: the abnormal grooming of a sporting superstar; allegedly over a hundred marital infidelities within a few years of marriage, including morning trysts in a carpark; a father who lies in an unmarked grave; celebrity encounters; and incredible sporting achievement. A must read for the light it shines on the man… Read full this story
- Bernard Cornwell: Britain's master of historical fiction is big in Rio
- WIRED's 13 Must-Read Books for Spring
- Top 10 mentors in fiction
- Top 10 errant teenagers in fiction
- The Real Purpose of Spirals on
- Quentin Tarantino On ‘Once Upon A Time’, His Vision Of ‘Star Trek’ As ‘Pulp Fiction’ In Space, And Hopes To Turn Leo DiCaprio ’50s Western ‘Bounty Law’ Into Series
- Interview: Jody Leheup and Nathan Fox Delve Into the Mad Future of 'The Weatherman'
- Raymond Chandler by Fredric Jameson review – how Philip Marlowe found his voice
- Sebastian Faulks moves to head off Islam row
- Young Harvey Weinstein: The Making of a Monster
This summer's top reads: Fact and fiction have 305 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at May 30, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.