Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe " was Trump before Trump ," Steven Bannon once said, and he probably was right. That may be why the bromance between these two leaders has seemed to survive, while President Donald Trump's other bromances have all burned out faster than an engagement to Ariana Grande . French President Emmanuel Macron was practically jilted . But it is often a one-sided relationship between Shinzo and Donald, with Donald leaving Shinzo in the dust, or the sand-trap, if you wil l. Trump is the master and Abe is the clever lap-dog, but capable of human speech. Still, Abe's apple-polishing, lavish gift-giving (gold-plated golf clubs, etc.), and kissing Trump's Sumo-sized ass seem to have helped Japan avoid a trade-war with the U.S. for the moment. Now that Trump has wrapped up his visit after a largely ceremonial sojourn, if Abe pursues his ambitions to be a peace broker between Iran and the U.S., little Shinzo may find that he is on a very short leash. The reasons for Abe's sudden desire to in become our man in Japan… and Tehran, we will get to in a moment. Abe and Trump have a lot in common. Both were… Read full this story
- Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe sends ritual offering to war dead shrine on WW2 surrender anniversary
- Leaders of Japan, France share Middle East concerns
- China, Japan willing to mend ties amid Trump challenge
- Opinion: China and Japan's friendship of convenience
- White House Asked Japan for Trump’s Nobel Peace Prize Nomination
- Japan Navy Destroyer Sails for Middle East as Iran-U.S. Tension Lingers
- Second Trump-Kim summit to take place 'at earliest date'
- Trump Has Made Enriching Sheldon Adelson a Top Goal of U.S.-Japan Relations
- Opinion: United States leaves Japan in cold on North Korea
- Indian Finance Minister Jaitley Arrives in Japan for Talks With PM Abe
Not So Fast, Shinzo Abe! Trump’s Tricky Bromance With Japan’s PM have 311 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at May 28, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.