Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, the 22nd Democratic presidential hopeful, announced his decision Tuesday morning to join the vast field of 2020 candidates vying for voters’ attention. And he claims he’ll fill a role no one else does. Interested in 2020 Elections? Add 2020 Elections as an interest to stay up to date on the latest 2020 Elections news, video, and analysis from ABC News. 2020 Elections Add Interest “D.C. could learn a lot from Montana,” he said in response to a student’s question at his kick-off event where he went to high school in Helena. He is the only Democratic candidate who was on the ballot alongside then-candidate Donald Trump and won. In other words, though Montana voted handily to elect President Donald Trump in 2016, it also voted for a Democratic governor, Bullock. “As a Democratic governor in a state Trump won by 20 points, I don’t have the luxury of only talking to people who agree with me,” Bullock said in his announcement video posted Tuesday morning. “I go all across our state’s 147 thousand square miles and look for common ground to get things done.” In fact, all three of Bullock’s statewide election victories took place during… Read full this story
- US election 2020: Which Democratic candidate will take on Trump?
- Which Democratic Candidate Will Drop Out of the Presidential Race Next?
- Here's Every 2020 Democratic Presidential Candidate's Plan to End Gun Violence
- Here's Every Democratic Presidential Candidate's Plan to Solve Student Loan Debt
- UFC Backs President Trump All the Way
- Bernie's heir - who will lead the left in 2020?
- Kamala Harris and the US state looking to take down Trump
- Once eager to tout Trump friendship, Rick Scott now plays it down
- Echoing Trump, Elizabeth Warren Pledges a Platform of ‘Economic Patriotism’
- US election 2020: Elizabeth Warren sets out health funding plan
Montana Gov. Steve Bullock enters the 2020 race as Democrat from a Trump state have 296 words, post on abcnews.go.com at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.