Donald Trump’s secretary of state has warned Russia not to meddle in the 2020 US presidential election after face-to-face talks with Vladimir Putin. Mike Pompeo made the remarks while sitting alongside Sergei Lavrov, the Russian foreign minister, at a joint press conference in the Black Sea resort of Sochi. Mr Pompeo, who met with both Mr Putin, the Russian president, and Mr Lavrov during his visit, said: “Interference in American elections in unacceptable. “If Russia engaged in that in 2020, it would put our relationship in an even worse place than it has been. “I conveyed that there are things that Russia can do to demonstrate that these kinds of activities are a thing of the past. I hope that Russia takes advantage of those opportunities.” The comments were a marked contrast from Mr Trump’s decision not to blame Russia for 2016 election meddling when standing alongside Mr Putin at a Helsinki press conference last July. That triggered a backlash from the US intelligence leaders who had publicly blamed the Kremlin, leading eventually to Mr Trump walking back the remark. Mr Lavrov issued a lengthy rebuttal of America’s belief that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential race. “The facts show… Read full this story
- Mike Pompeo Blasts MLB for Boycotting Georgia
- QAnon Followers Excited by Mike Pompeo 'Checkmate' Photo
- Former Secretary Of State Mike Pompeo Joins Fox News As Contributor
- UPDATE: Mike Pompeo makes surprise visit to Vietnam
- MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell Promises New Evidence of 2020 Election Interference From 'Enemies' Who 'Used Computers'
- US Intel Releases Report Claiming Russia Tried to Undermine Biden in 2020 Election
- MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell Wins Razzie Award for 2020 Election 'Documentary'
- House Republicans who backed Trump impeachment warn Democrats on Iowa election challenge
- Donald Trump Says Democrats Want to 'Pretend' 2020 Election Was Fair as Arizona GOP Conducts Audit
- Ukraine Warns Russia It Will 'Suffer' if Troops Cross Border
Mike Pompeo warns Russia not to meddle in 2020 US election have 302 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at May 13, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.