Anthony Zurcher @awzurcher on Twitter Published 22 May 2019 Share close Share page Copy link About sharing Related Topics US election 2020 It’s been four weeks since Joe Biden announced he was running for president. Since then, in defiance of what was conventional wisdom, he’s risen in the polls, posted impressive fund-raising numbers and seemingly shrugged off allegations of inappropriate physical contact with women. The candidate many thought to be a paper tiger, temporarily buoyed by high name recognition and little else, has shown some teeth. There are plenty of potential pitfalls ahead, however, and numerous ways to stumble before the finish line. As is frequently said, a presidential campaign is a marathon, not a sprint. Does the 76-year-old veteran politician from Delaware have the legs to turn his early lead into his party’s nomination – and, in 18 months, a presidential victory? On a sunny Saturday afternoon, Joe Biden “officially” kicked off his presidential campaign in front of roughly 6,000 supporters in Philadelphia. While the attendance fell far short of the opening campaign rallies of Senators Kamala Harris of California (20,000) and Bernie Sanders of Vermont (13,000), it at least temporarily answered the question of whether real people exist… Read full this story
- Progressive Group Behind Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Rise Blasts Joe Biden as a 'Centrist' Who’ll Divide Democrats
- Joe Biden is turning into a human piñata
- Joe Biden dives into 2020 race
- Joe Biden enters 2020 as frontrunner, top Democratic target
- Trump twitter Biden binge: Darcy cartoon
- Michael Knowles: Can Joe Biden actually win?
- Poll shows Biden blowing past Bernie in New Hampshire
- 8 Democratic candidates make appeals to women of color on equal rights, criminal justice, education
- How Would Biden Debate Trump? By Using the President’s Tactics.
- On the Trail: Biden coming to New Hampshire in May and his friends are waiting
Joe Biden: Can Obama's vice-president stay the Democratic frontrunner? have 293 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at May 22, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.