When you think of the daily life of an esports player, you might imagine something sedate. Professional gamers, by definition, sit at computers and work to hone their talents by staring at a screen and clicking buttons. But, as many of them will be quick to tell you, there’s a lot of work that goes into improving play, and it’s not for the faint of heart. When I first started inquiring about what daily life was like for an active esports pro, I asked several coaches and managers what the biggest misconception is. One and all, the answer was the same: that players are out-of-shape, anti-social, live in their parent’s basement. Basements were such a common theme in the answers that I thought for sure they couldn’t all have heard it, but then I remembered the 2015 Heroes of the Dorm competition. ESPN anchor Colin Cowherd, apparently upset his network was covering the esports tourney, said of the players, “Somebody lock the basement door at Mom’s house and don’t let them out.” Never been to TNW Conference? You. Are. Missing. Out. Get tickets The picture of esports players as not particularly athletic or social is a dated one. But it’s held… Read full this story
- Sweden to Give 'Elite eSports Athletes' Coronavirus Travel Ban Exemption
- Don’t close gyms, make them safer, says woman who caught COVID at Hamilton’s SpinCo
- Renewing Company Goals Can Make You More Successful--Here's Why
- NBA free agency winners and losers: Lakers defense takes hit; Heat make power moves; Bulls go all-in
- 2021 NBA free agency winners and losers: Lakers defense takes hit; Heat make power moves; Bulls go all-in
- Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga "determined" to make Olympics a success "at any cost"
- How Tata plans to make Nano a success
- David Beckham enters $1 billon esports market as co-owner of new team
- eSports: Catching the cheaters
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson puts his bulging biceps on display as he hits the gym carrying FOUR water bottles
Hitting the gym makes esports athletes more successful have 329 words, post on thenextweb.com at May 1, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.