The Cannes film festival opened Tuesday with one of the glitziest line-ups in years as Hollywood stars and studios return in strength to the world’s biggest film jamboree. Spanish star Javier Bardem and French actress Charlotte Gainsbourg declared the 12-day marathon open, before sitting down to watch the first movie — “The Dead Don’t Die” — with its small army of A-list stars led by Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Chloe Sevigny, Tilda Swinton and pop idol Selena Gomez. The cast of the zombie flick send-up of Donald Trump’s America by arthouse favourite Jim Jarmusch also takes in Steve Buscemi, Danny Glover and music legends Iggy Pop, Tom Waits and Wu-Tang Clan guru RZA. Having watched its Tinseltown thunder stolen in recent years by Venice, which US studios have used as their Oscars launchpad, this time Cannes is putting its much smaller rival back in its place. Quentin Tarantino brings auteur heft and star power to the party with the premiere of his epic “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”, a quarter of a century after he lifted the Palme d’Or — Cannes top prize — for “Pulp Fiction”. The panorama of Charles Manson-era Los Angeles stars Leonardo DiCaprio as a… Read full this story
- Global film festival aims to bridge coronavirus distances
- Chinese documentary filmmaker to experience first online film festival amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Film festival: Cinema as 'vehicle for cultural dialogue'
- Taiwanese iPhone-Shot Germaphobes Movie 'IWeirDo' to Open Far East Film Festival
- Rani Mukerji-starrer Hichki to be shown at Giffoni International Children Film Festival in Italy
- Kristen Stewart and Julianne Moore to premiere films in Glasgow
- Kristen Stewart rocked bright red eye shadow in Cannes
- HELLO! Online pick 10 Rising Stars from Film
- Downton Abbey's Lily James to star as Cinderella in upcoming Disney live action film
- To the Stars review – a charmingly old-fashioned tale of teen entanglements
Glitzy Cannes film festival opens teeming with stars have 316 words, post on www.asiaone.com at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.