People flock to Hung Kings Temple for the festival (Photo: VNA) Phu Tho (VNA) – The Hung Kings Temple historical relic site in Viet Tri city, the northern midland province of Phu Tho, welcomed over 7 million visitors during the Hung Kings Temple Festival from April 5-14. The figure was provided by the organizing board of the Hung Kings Temple Festival. On April 14, an incense offering ceremony was held in the province Phu Tho to commemorate the death anniversary of Hung Kings, the legendary founders of the nation. The death anniversary of Hung Kings has long been considered a significant day of the whole nation, illustrating the spirit of solidarity and tradition “when drinking water, remember its sources”. Phu Tho along with the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho, the central province of Nghe An, and the northern province of Son La representing different regions across the country has actively carried out plans in celebration of the death anniversary of Hung Kings and Hung Kings Temple Festival in 2019. Various kinds of activities have been taking place during the day such as palanquin processions, contests to make “Banh Chung” (square glutinous rice cake) and “Banh Day” (white, flat, and… Read full this story
- Hung Kings Temple festival a panoply of cultural activities
- Phu Tho preserves intangible cultural heritages
- Illegal mineral exploitation rampant in Phu Tho province
- Phu Tho: festival dedicated to nation’s legendary mother
- Phu Tho province puts an end to billion-USD project
- Party top body instructs close scrutiny of large-scale gamble case in Phu Tho
- Leaders welcome SC verdict on Sabarimala Temple, say 'hopeful larger bench will uphold age-old traditions'
- Tree planting - a traditional custom in Lunar New Year festival
- Chennai’s transgender priestess ‘Ravi Amma’ gets devotees flocking to the temple
- After 500 years, animal sacrifice stops at Tripurasundari Temple in Tripura: What devotees, head priest feel
Phu Tho welcomes 7 million arrivals to Hung Kings Temple festival have 315 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 18, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.