The Padres’ moves Tuesday continued to affirm the team’s intention to handle the future with care.Rookie shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. was placed on the 10-day injured list with a hamstring strain, and the Padres again temporarily added a sixth pitcher to their starting rotation.“It would be short-sighted to look at something and only be excited about the next few months or one season,” General Manager A.J. Preller said. “We’re trying to build something here that’s going to be able to sustain for the long term. When you’re dealing with young players who forced their way on the big-league scene quickly, we want to make sure from a development standpoint, a roster standpoint and when dealing with injuries we’re looking over the course of the next five years and not just the next five weeks.”The move with Tatis came in the wake of what was termed “good news” following an MRI — confirmation there was no tear. And despite the fact the 20-year-old “feels considerably better than even yesterday,” manager Andy Green said Tuesday, the estimation is the Padres will be without Tatis for at least two weeks. “He’s a huge piece of that big picture — a guy we expect… Read full this story
- Padres notes: Headley hits; Green upset with rules; Margot faces Yates
- The Merry Month of May: A Firsthand History of ’68 France
- Doctor who wrote fake sick note to get woman out of gym contract cleared of malpractice
- Who Rules Santiago’s Rivers?
- MLB: Ross loses bid for Padres' first no-no in 8th vs. DBacks
- Birthday boy Zack Godley picks Diamondbacks up to lead win over Padres
- Schmuck: Duquette and the struggling Orioles shouldn't be ruling out anything right now
- Emmanuel Macron visit chance to cement Indo-Pacific cooperation
- How foreigners in France fall victim to being conned by fellow expats
- What jobs can you do if you live in rural France?
Padres notes: caution rules; France gets chance; Machado moves have 314 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.