New Belfast office block gets green light after two years BelfastTelegraph.co.uk A Belfast developer has been given the go-ahead for a £14m, nine-storey city centre office building, almost two years after planning officials first recommended approval. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/new-belfast-office-block-gets-green-light-after-two-years-38061549.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/article38061560.ece/41612/AUTOCROP/h342/2019-04-30_bus_49964080_I1.JPG Email A Belfast developer has been given the go-ahead for a £14m, nine-storey city centre office building, almost two years after planning officials first recommended approval. Killultagh Estates said it had finally reached agreement with Belfast City Council on a financial package to mitigate the impact of its building project. Construction on The Mercantile at Donegall Square South could now begin in June. The 73,000 sq ft glass-fronted structure was originally given the thumbs-up by planners in August 2017. Planners had requested that a floor be removed from the plan. Killultagh’s proposal involves the demolition of the existing six-storey office block between Bank of Ireland and the Metro building at the back of Belfast City Hall, and replacing it with two basement levels and eight floors of offices. The final approval for the project was withheld until last week owing to protracted negotiations over the size of a financial contribution to be paid by the developer to Belfast City Council. The agreement… Read full this story
- Tiger Woods gets green light from doctor to 'do as much as he needs'
- $134 mln northern expressway gets green light
- AstraZeneca's Oxford Covid vaccine 'is NOT ready to be approved in Europe and is unlikely to get green light before January' - despite Britain being set to approve the jab within days
- EU gives green light to Moderna jab amid chaos over vaccine rollout with high rates of infections and strong criticism of the slow pace of vaccinations
- NASA's SPHEREx space telescope gets the green light to continue development
- UK green-lights Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, marking third in arsenal
- Premier League and EFL WILL continue despite coronavirus lockdown as elite sport given green light
- Trees transplanted from Collector’s office site get names
- UK set to give green light to Oxford vaccine
- Roundup: Shareholders green-light Fiat Chrysler-PSA merger, shares leap
New Belfast office block gets green light after two years have 359 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at April 30, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.