|Chairman of the HCM City People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong (R) and Deputy Premier of New South Wales John Barilaro sign the MoU (Photo: VNA)|
Under the MoU, signed by Chairman of the HCM City People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong and Deputy Premier of New South Wales John Barilaro, the two sides will focus their cooperation in the fields of mutual interest, including education-training, resources and energy, agriculture and food, startups, small-and-medium enterprises, infrastructure and business investment, science-technology and tourism.
Addressing the signing ceremony, Deputy Premier of New South Wales Barilaro highlighted the sound relations between New South Wales and HCM City in all fields and affirmed that the signing of the MoU shows both sides’ commitment to boosting trade and investment and strengthening their bonds.
Earlier on April 16, Chairman Phong and his entourage visited the University of Technology Sydney (UTS). Phong expressed his wish that the university will share its experience in human resources training for the fourth Industrial Revolution. He wanted to promote the possibility of cooperation between UTS and HCM City’s universities on human resources training.
Prof. Attila Brungs, Vice Chancellor of UTS, spoke of the city’s programmes on smart city, innovative urban area and innovative startup centre development, while affirming that UTS will send experts to Vietnam to seek opportunities for cooperation in training high-quality human resources for HCM City.
At the Sydney startup centre, Phong and his entourage learned about support policies for startups. He wished to learn experience in building a startup community support model and possibility for cooperation between the startup centres of HCM City and Sydney.
The same day, he visited the Vietnamese Consulate General in Sydney.
Chairman of the HCM City People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong is leading a high-level delegation of the city to pay a working visit to Australia from April 16-18.
- BCG Energy inks deal to set up rooftop solar at industrial parks in HCM City
- HCM City considers evening transport of goods to reduce traffic jams
- HCM City draws up specific policies for large firms
- HCM City’s parking fee plan a disappointment
- HCM City speeds up construction of key transport projects
- First commune-level clinic with 17 specialist doctors located in HCM City
- Tracking the giants of the deep in the annual southern right whale survey off Australia's south coast
- MTN DEW Set to Introduce New Lemonade Flavor
- Visiting South Australia after the bushfires: ‘Some of the best experiences are completely unaffected’
- Prefab homes: Are they set for a comeback?