Former Vice President, Namadi Sambo on Tuesday canvassed for more support to the ongoing efforts of the Federal Government to diversify the nation’s economy. Sambo spoke while Chairing a Seminar with the theme, “Consolidating Interface between Industry and Agriculture for Nigeria’s Sustainable Development” at the ongoing 40th Kaduna International Trade Fair in Kaduna. Sambo, who commended the government for improving Nigeria’s business environment, expressed optimism that current economic policies would lead a more stronger economy that was less dependent on oil. Namadi noted that the theme of the seminar was apt, as it highlighted the growing interest to strengthen the non-oil sector, especially industries and agriculture. According to him, government measures which include the customs control on importation of goods and services that can be found or produced within the country is a major milestone towards building a strong economy. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/state-governments-key-allies-for-successful-businesses-buhari-2/ “It is my belief that the seminar will go a long way in generating ideas that will help to developing our private sector, thereby boosting the economic growth and development of our country, “It is through these avenues that solutions will be developed for the factors that are militating against achieving our socio economic development plans,” Sambo said. The former… Read full this story
- FG’s pushing economy towards total collapse — CISLAC
- CSOs disagree, condemn FG’s proposed sale of public assets to fund 2021 budget
- NSE projects improve market transactions as FG intensifies revenue diversification drive
- Nigeria will maintain position as regional leader in oil and gas industry — Buhari
- No foreign investor can make Ajaokuta Steel Complex work – Dr. Kamoru Yusuf
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden takes office, calls for end to 'uncivil war'
- World Leaders Congratulate Biden on Inauguration, Hailing Return to Agreements Trump Abandoned
Ex-VP Sambo canvasses more support for FG’s economic diversification policies have 289 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at April 2, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.