Share Tweet Email Share: Share Tweet Email EMBED More Videos <iframe width=”476″ height=”267″ src=”https://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=5276382″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe> The Harris County District Attorney has filed criminal charges against ITC, claiming that highly toxic chemicals flowed into the water. Share: Share Tweet Email KTRK HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) — Harris County has filed criminal charges against ITC for water pollution after toxic chemicals flowed into a bayou following a storage tank fire. A huge fire burned storage tanks for days at the ITC facility in Deer Park, starting on March 17. EMBED >More News VideosTom Berg with the Harris County D.A.’s office briefs the media on the charges filed against ITC for water pollution. Following the fire, a dike surrounding the tanks broke, leaking chemicals into Tucker Bayou. The Harris County District Attorney’s Office says large quantities of xylene and benzene flowed into the bayou. “The discharge from the ITC fire into Tucker Bayou is a clear water pollution case,” said Environmental Crimes Division Chief prosecutor Alex Forrest. “People living in Deer Park and the other neighboring residential areas near ITC’s plant deserve protection too,” said Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg. ITC could face a fine of up to $100,000 per each of… Read full this story
- Coronavirus live updates: California’s air pollution makes impact more deadly
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- FF7 Remake Boss Guide: Tips And Strategies For Beating Every Boss (So Far)
- FF7 Remake Boss Fight Guide: Tips And Strategies For Beating Every Boss
- Weed Racer: The Unlikely Rise and Epic Fall of Florida’s Marijuana-Smuggling Kingpin
- Coronavirus latest: EU leaders want large recovery fund, stall on details
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Boss Guide: Strategies For Beating Every Boss (So Far)
- FF7 Remake Boss Guide: Strategies For Beating Every Boss (So Far)
- Coronavirus update: People suspected of carrying COVID-19 could be detained under Australia's biosecurity laws as experts warn world 'in uncharted territory'
- Coronavirus latest: Half of European deaths were in nursing homes
Criminal charges filed against ITC for water pollution in wake of massive tank fire have 338 words, post on abc13.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.