Q: I appreciate you reaching out and making the trip. I was intrigued by your position and also your perspective about younger veterans like the 9/11 veterans, but tell us a little bit about yourself and kind of, you know, what you’re doing on the West Coast.BUTLER: Yeah, sure. So I took over… so I joined IAVA on staff about three plus years ago. Came on… I was coming off… I’m in the reserves still… was active duty for a number of years in the Navy, still in the reserves but was back on active duty orders in Washington, D.C. for a couple years and, as those orders were wrapping up, I was looking to move to New York and do something different. I wanted to stay in the military veteran community, but not necessarily, you know, back on orders and things like that. And I’d known about IAVA for years and really always appreciated what they’ve done, especially with helping veterans transition. I had a really easy transition out of active duty. I joined in ’99 and in 2005 I was stationed at the Naval Academy for my last two years on active duty, so close proximity to Washington,… Read full this story
- Suicide Rate of Young U.S. Army Veterans Continues to Rise Substantially: 'It’s a National Emergency'
- Veterans group: Reclaim Armistice Day as day of peace (Commentary)
- Influx of Military Veterans Heads to Washington
- Veterans Groups Accuse Trump Administration of Dereliction Over Changing VA's 'Outdated and Sexist' Motto
- Donald Trump’s Desire to ‘Get the Hell Out’ of Afghanistan Amid Taliban Gains Could Lead to Catastrophe
- U.S. Military Contractor In Afghanistan Fired For Wearing Neo-Nazi Flag
- Andy Barr holds veterans event opposing Amy McGrath
- The Message To Americans From A U.S. Soldier Killed In Afghanistan
- Census statistics show veterans are old, but well-off
- I’m a Veteran With PTSD. The Medication I Take Makes Dating Difficult.
Commentary: Q&A with Jeremy Butler of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America have 317 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at April 4, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.