Tang Haiyan, a Beijing-based parenting coach, has set up a children’s club aimed at converting boys into full-fledged “alpha males,” the Los Angeles Times reported Friday. Through tough but diverse physical training and teamwork, the boys are expected to transform into masculine men who won’t display the effeminate traits commonly found among Chinese celebrities influenced by South Korean pop stars. The emergence of the club is a reflection of a nationwide debate, with some people criticizing Chinese young men for adopting effeminate traits such as wearing earrings or makeup and following TV, film and pop idols influenced by K-Pop stars. According to Tang, boys in China are “betrayed” by an education system in which teachers — predominantly women — encourage girlish “good” behaviour and punish boyish “bad” behaviour. In his club, which has some 2,000 to 3,000 members, he encourages boys to face challenges in a “manly” way, which he defines as being brave, responsible and committed, the LA Times reports. In China, a School Trains Boys to be ‘Real Men’: Employing American football and chest-thumping chants, Tang Haiyan offers an answer to a country that worries that its sons are too coddled and feminine. “We will never cultivate sissies,” he says. https://t.co/8HXcjC4Rqc pic.twitter.com/hsCdIcx6xQ — Helen Wang (@TheHelenWang) 23 ноября 2018 г. The challenges include American football, wrestling, boxing and annual treks through the desert and mountains. The celebrities… Read full this story
- Africa: Premier League Concerned By Children Trafficked to UK By Football 'Fraudsters'
- South Sudan: Armed Groups Release Over 500 Children
- Gran discovers you don't have to be a lycra-clad 20-something for Ibiza Body Camp
- Cameroon: Children's Rights
- Uganda: Shaban, Okello Exhibition Sets Tone for Vipers-KCCA Contest
- Coach's (COH) CEO Victor Luis on Q2 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Mozambique: 100,000 Men to Undergo Circumcision in Mozambique in the Fight Against STDs
- Sudan: Hundreds of Families Flee Jebel Marra to South Darfur Camp
- NFL’s first female strength coach a fan of Raiders’ Kelsey Martinez
- Kenya: Former Harambee Stars Coach Henri Michel Dies
Chinese Coach Set up Children’s Camp for ‘Alpha Males’ to Fight K-Pop Effeminacy have 325 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 26, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.