When a single routine makes you one of the most talked-about gymnasts on the planet, it must be hard to turn away from it. For UCLA’s Katelyn Ohashi, however, it was something she felt she had to do.Ohashi’s floor routine went viral in January when it earned her a perfect 10.0 through a mixture of expert tumbling and joyful choreography set to several hit songs, including a few from Michael Jackson.A 🔟 isn’t enough for this floor routine by @katelyn_ohashi. 🔥 pic.twitter.com/pqUzl7AlUA— UCLA Gymnastics (@uclagymnastics) January 13, 2019However, that routine went sour for her upon the release of “Leaving Neverland,” the HBO documentary that has revived a backlash against Jackson over his sexual abuse allegations and triggered a reassessment of the deceased pop star’s legacy.Now, Ohashi has told espnW that she will feature a new floor routine at the Pac-12 Championships beginning this Saturday, with no songs from Jackson featured at all.UCLA tweeted a preview of the new routine Friday:👀 First look at @katelyn_ohashi’s new floor exercise choreography!https://t.co/qgOksI1nnjpic.twitter.com/G4nIgIXzfp— UCLA Gymnastics (@uclagymnastics) March 22, 2019Funnily enough, every song in the new routine apparently features only female artists, with Beyonce, Tina Turner and Janet Jackson among them. Ohashi told espnW that was a deliberate… Read full this story
- Japantown’s eclectic Ozaoza shuts down, and other restaurant closures
- Old Oakland Caribbean restaurant Miss Ollie’s shuts down, and other restaurant closures
- ‘Pieces of a Woman’ Review: A Grief History of Time
- People Are Being Arrested For Arson, But No, They're Not Antifa
- Harry and Meghan demand end to 'structural racism' in Britain: Prince reveals his 'awakening' to racial issues and defends Diversity's BGT dance - while Meghan describes BLM protests in the US as 'a beautiful thing'
- Broadway Is Dark Until 2021 but You Can Still See Live Theater—Here's How
- 42 Books That Helped People Get Through This Garbage Year
- Protecting great apes from the unknown effects of COVID-19
- Major TV Debuts From the Year You Were Born
Viral UCLA gymnast cuts Michael Jackson from routines have 339 words, post on www.aol.com at March 23, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.