CLEVELAND, Ohio — Trevor Bauer’s second exhibition start of spring training was, in many ways, equally impressive as his first. But the Cleveland Indians’ bats fell silent Saturday in a 1-0 loss to Oakland at Hohokam Park in Mesa, Ariz.The game’s only run scored on a wild pitch by Bauer in the fourth inning, after the right-hander had allowed just one hit through three.Oakland’s Matt Chapman led off the inning with a bloop double to right and moved to third on a ground out by Matt Olson. With Stephen Piscotty at the plate, Bauer’s pitch got past catcher Kevin Plawecki allowing Chapman to cross the plate.Bauer retired eight of the first nine Athletics hitters he faced before Dustin Fowler’s line-drive single in the third. He recorded two strikeouts, including Chapman in the first inning, and did not walk a batter.Four Indians pitchers followed Bauer with scoreless innings of their own, including Neil Ramirez, Alex Wilson and Nick Wittgren. Lefty Tyler Olson was the only Tribe reliever to allow a baserunner, surrendering a single to Robbie Grossman in the sixth. But Grossman was erased on a double-play as Chapman grounded to second baseman Ryan Flaherty and shortstop Eric Stamets turned two.Plawecki,… Read full this story
- Mets have top payroll, Dodgers drop with Bauer suspension
- Five Outstanding Moves Helped Deliver A Division Title To The Cleveland Guardians
- One thing we learned about each NFL team in Week 1: Lamar Jackson can pass, Chargers now can close games
- Is the Chicago Bears’ passing game broken? Brad Biggs’ 10 thoughts on the 27-10 loss to the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.
- ‘I Felt Trapped’: Sexual Abuse of Teens in the Military’s J.R.O.T.C. Program
- Willie McCovey: Giants legend dead at 80
- Column: The longer the Chicago White Sox stay in contention, the more it looks like Tony La Russa won’t return to the dugout
- Hank Aaron dies at 86; legendary ballplayer broke Babe Ruth’s home run record
- Yanks clinch AL East as Judge stalls; Cards claim NL Central
- The People of the Deer
Trevor Bauer brilliant again, but Cleveland Indians drop 1-0 spring training game against Oakland have 344 words, post on www.cleveland.com at March 2, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.