THE WINLESS FIRST QUARTER … It’s the middle of March — almost the end of the first quarter of 2019 — and here’s what PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP has going on:THE NORTH KOREA summit blew up. … CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATIONS are finally taking hold, and getting more serious. … THE PRESIDENT’S party is turning on him on Capitol Hill. The White House is scrambling to convince Senate Republicans to stick by the president when it comes to his emergency declaration at the border. … … THE PRESIDENT’S top trade adviser testified Tuesday that there are still “major issues” in the United States’ talks with China (NYT). … PROGRESSIVE HOUSE DEMOCRATS are saying that the trade deal the president cut with Mexico and Canada is not good enough, and talks should be reopened (POLITICO). … … EVEN MORE SO, this White House does not appear to be driving for anything at the moment. Sure, divided government is tough — way tougher perhaps than the president’s advisers said in the wake of the election. But here’s a THOUGHT EXERCISE: What is the White House’s top proactive priority at this moment? And what do you see them doing — either publicly or privately — to… Read full this story
- Melania Trump Took Government Jet to Florida After Donald Trump Postponed Nancy Pelosi's Afghanistan Trip: Report
- Trump Ally Mark Meadows Is Quitting the House, Eyes New Role With President: 'My Work...Is Only Beginning'
- Boris Johnson 'chuckles' at Trump tweets branding May's premiership 'a disaster' before saying: 'I find it hard to disagree'
- Donald Trump’s Impeachment Was a Long Time Coming
- With New Appointments, More Than One-Third of Trump Appeals Judges Have Record of Anti-LGBT Bias
- Yet Another Goldman Sachs Banker Is Headed for the Trump Administration
- The Hill's Morning Report — Trump and the new Israel-'squad' controversy
- The Last Normal Scandal in Washington
- Dear America: Don't fall for Pyongyang's predictable, poisonous ploy
- Impeachment circus a useful distraction
POLITICO Playbook: Trump’s winless first quarter have 307 words, post on www.politico.com at March 13, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.