BIDEN’S 2020 DILEMMA … IT’LL ALL BECOME CLEAR IN ST. CROIX — AP’S STEVE PEOPLES and JULIE PACE: “Biden eyes fundraising challenge amid new sense of urgency”: “On the cusp of another White House run, Joe Biden faces a daunting challenge that could complicate his path to the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination: money.“Those close to the former vice president believe he would start off at a fundraising disadvantage compared to would-be rivals, whose campaigns have benefited from an early flood of small-dollar donations from the most liberal wing of the party. Biden, a 76-year-old lifetime politician with strong connections to the party’s establishment, would be forced to rely on an ‘old-school grind-it-out’ plan to generate campaign cash from wealthy individual donors, according to a person with direct knowledge of Biden’s thinking.“Questions about money are among the nagging issues Biden is still considering as he weighs launching a campaign. He’s decamped this week to St. Croix, a favorite Biden family vacation spot in the Caribbean, to discuss the remaining roadblocks with his wife, Jill.” APIT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN — WAPO’S DAMIAN PALETTA and ERICA WERNER: “Trump budget to propose slashing domestic spending, boosting defense”: “President Trump on Monday will… Read full this story
- Biden Misses the Bus, Booker Starts to Cuss, and Harris Adjusts: The Root’s 2020 Presidential Black Power Rankings, Week 2
- BREAKING NEWS: Beto O'Rourke QUITS 2020 race as campaign runs out of cash - after launching run on the front of Vanity Fair saying: 'Man, I'm just born to be in it.'
- Calgary to release details for 2026 Winter Games bid
- Japan's Sapporo mulls shifting Winter Olympic bid to 2030
- Ex-Trump Adviser Lawsuit May Provide Blueprint for Defying Democrats’ Partisan Impeachment Probe Subpoenas
- Follow the High-speed Rail Money: $8 Billion and 6 Years Later
- Exports sustain the drive for global carmakers in India
- Warren at black university: Criminal justice system 'racist'
- Unlikely NBA Stars Who Could Be Traded This Season
- 2018 NBA Free Agency: Potential fits and needs in the offseason for all 30 teams
POLITICO Playbook: Biden mulls 2020 bid in the Caribbean have 331 words, post on www.politico.com at March 9, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.