Email Posted March 21, 2019 18:26:55 Photo: The listeria was detected in lamb and vegetables, but other dishes have been recalled. (Meals on Wheels) Related Story: I ate rockmelon earlier this year. Should I be worried about listeria? Related Story: Gastro outbreak leaves almost 100 students sick at Adelaide private school Map: Adelaide 5000 Food delivery service Meals on Wheels has issued an urgent recall of thousands of frozen meals in South Australia after routine testing detected listeria contamination. Key points:Up to 6,000 frozen meals could be affected by a recallElderly people are among the groups at higher risk of listeriosisSA Health is advising customers with symptoms to visit their doctors The bacteria was found during in a sample of the organisation’s roast lamb and vegetables option prepared at its Kent Town kitchen.Meals on Wheels said it was recalling all frozen meals currently with customers as a precaution, warning they “may pose a risk if not heated correctly after thawing”.”There are 6,000 meals we are looking at recalling,” said Julie Bonichi, the service’s acting chief executive.There have so far been no reported illnesses connected with the meals, but SA Health said it could take weeks for patients to show symptoms.”Between… Read full this story
- Spain issues international health alert amid fears tourists have been affected by listeria outbreak that has claimed one life and affected 150 people
- Mouthwatering meals for one: Jerk pork with pineapple salsa, chicken yakitori skewers, and a Spanish tortilla with pepper salad... these tasty yet low-calorie recipes will pep up your lockdown - even if you're flying solo
- The bitter truth about fast food
- Still hungry after all these years
- 10 of the best places to eat in Marrakech, Morocco
- The power of pickles: a guide to preserving almost everything – from jam-making to chutneys
- 'I can still smell Mum's cooking'
- Revisiting Chernobyl: 'It is a huge cemetery of dreams'
Meals on Wheels recalls frozen food after listeria bacteria detected in roast lamb have 305 words, post on www.abc.net.au at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.