Lupita Nyong’o felt protected by big Hollywood stars when she was first starting out.The 36-year-old actress made waves with ’12 Years a Slave’ – her first feature film role – in 2013, and she has paid tribute to the people she surrounded herself with for helping her adjust to her new life in the limelight.Speaking in the latest issue of PorterEdit magazine, she said: “Starting with 12 Years a Slave, I was welcomed [in Hollywood] with such warmth. My castmates surrounded me. I don’t know if they are aware of this, but I felt so protected.”Sarah Paulson: my God, that girl, she was like everything to me. And Alfre Woodard, she was invaluable. […] Oprah embraced my mom and my brother and invited them to her house for lunch without me. I was just like, ‘Wow, this is an incredibly supportive industry.’ I didn’t feel isolated.”Gabrielle Union: we’d gone to a fashion show in France together and she’d been so open and embracing, exchanging phone numbers with me – there was a ‘you need anything kind’ of vibe.”Lupita added that she had people around her in both the black and Hollywood communities, as she paid tribute to both Steve McQueen… Read full this story
- As Jeffrey Katzenberg’s Quibi Races Toward Launch, Will a Changed World Help or Hurt?
- Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: Hollywood’s Asian Community Calls On Allies For Support As Coronavirus Misinformation Incites Hate
- James McAvoy donated £275k to show how 'valued' the NHS are... and 'to protect doctors, surgeons, porters and the lady that fills the vending machine at the hospital' amid COVID-19 crisis
- Will Harry and Meghan get US-taxpayer funded Secret Service protection in LA? Couple will have to ask for 'special help' and the final decision could rest with President Trump as Canadians bid the couple and their security costs farewell
- 'Picard' Is the First 'Star Trek' Series Launched By a Woman Director—Here's How She Did It
- The VA’s Whistleblower Protection Unit Instead Created A ‘Hit List’ Of Whistleblowers
- Former cam girl reveals PARENTS can be to blame for their daughters going into sex work because they put children under 'too much pressure' to pursue careers they don't want to do
- How "Armageddon" Became The Ultimate Disaster Movie (In More Ways Than One)
- Tom Brady leaves Patriots for Buccaneers: Quarterback lands in Tampa, moves into Jeter's mansion
- Tom Brady leaving Patriots for Buccaneers: Tampa Bay officially introduces their new QB
Lupita Nyong'o felt protected when she launched Hollywood career have 404 words, post on www.kpcnews.com at March 8, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.