28 February 2019 • 4:49am Leaders swap compliments at dinner Five things to watch as Donald Trump meets Kim Jong-un Trump urges ‘friend Kim’ to see Vietnam as blueprint for NK White House says “joint agreement” to be signed on Thursday Kim, Trump aim for groundbreaking summit results -KCNA North Korean leader Kim Jong Un says he wouldn’t be holding a second summit with President Donald Trump if he weren’t willing to make good on his denuclearisation pledge. Asked by a US reporter on Thursday in Hanoi whether he’s willing to denuclearise, Kim responded: “If I’m not willing to do that, I won’t be here right now.” Trump told reporters that that’s what the two are discussing during their second day of talks. Kim was also asked if the leaders would be talking about human rights, which he’s accused of abusing. But Trump responded to the question instead, telling reporters: “We’re discussing everything.” “Let me assure you that I will do all my best to bring a good result ultimately today,” said Kim Jong-un as he met President Trump at the opening of the second round of talks. The comment is believed to have been the first time he has responded to a question from… Read full this story
- Luxury Hotels in Hà Nội fully booked ahead of Trump-Kim Summit
- Even If Trump Loses, Republicans’ Authoritarian Ambitions Will Live On
- EU Leaders Meet for So-called Summit of Gloom
- Kim Jong Un Dumps Trump
- Donald Trump calls John Bolton 'such a jerk' for criticizing the president's 'love letters' with Kim Jong Un - days after Bolton said Trump was 'despicable' for Atlantic article that said he referred to American war dead as 'suckers' and 'losers'
- Kim Jong Un Suckered Trump With a Fake De-Nuke ‘Breakthrough’
- Flirtatious Kim Jong-un 'hit on' senior Donald Trump female staffer at summit
- Donald Trump calls John Bolton a 'liar' - but fails to deny he lifted sanctions to please China's Xi and demands to see 'he's full of s***' note Pompeo sent about him - as DoJ seeks emergency order to block publication of his book
- Trump Proclaims Summit as 'Fantastic...Positive'
- Biden: Obama wouldn't 'legitimize' North Korea with meeting
Trump-Kim summit: Kim says he is willing to denuclearise as leaders meet for second set of talks in Vietnam have 363 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at February 27, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.